Monday, January 15, 2007

Good to be King

I know the suspense is killing most of you. So, what did you pick? Yahtzee or Monopoly?
Well, the winner is……
Neither!
It turned out to be a fun filled weekend of (drum roll inserted here) Crazy Eights! Oh yes it’s been fun. I thought I was gonna be the card-carrying champion but YS pulled it off at the end. He did his best impression of “Happy Feet” for all of us which made it worth while really. So until the next snowed-in day - YS retains bragging rights. Ah yes...it's good to be king.
It's been a quiet weekend overall in more ways than one. I've lost my voice completely now and my loving family is having a ball with it. I've been reduced to "discplining by cue cards" in which YS says he can't read (what are my tax dollars being used for in this school system?) and DD says that there is some grammer rule that you can only use so many exclamation points-per-sentence. Say what?!?! Did she miss the words "you're grounded"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No respect. I feel like a Rodney Dangerfield side-kick - and I truly disliked that man. Of course, DD's response to that was "who's that"?
Now I have no voice and I'm old

2 comments:

Flo said...

I was going to ask who won.

Why is it that mothers are always the ones punished with a loss of voice?

You know, my voice still hasn't recovered from losing it before Christmas. At least, that's what I tell myself as far as not being able to sing worth a crud.

HollyB said...

I'm SOOOOO very glad mine are grown and out of the house.