Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Big Switcheroo

Now that Christmas is over is time for the big shuffle. Shuffle what you ask? Well, TV’s of course! FDIL bought OS a big screen plasma TV and OS bought me a 13-inch TV (with DVD) to replace one that finally bit the dust.
Well, YS is now going to get OS’s “old” 27 inch (replacing the 13-inch that the poor boy had to play his x-box on…boohoo) so he’s pumped up, and with the big shuffle, DD is getting a different TV (the color went out on hers – oh no!). Hubby moved all the TV’s into place last night and YS is hooking all the media (x-box, ps, surround sound, etc) to the said TV’s today if he remembers or isn’t too tired (he works nights this week – yuck).
I was not allowed to move the TV’s. Not because they’re heavy or awkward or any sensible reason that like. No, I’m not allowed to move anything furniture-like. I have a habit of getting things stuck, even myself. So, I’ve been “banned” from moving things (oh darn!).
I like change, I can’t help it, I just do. I rearrange the furniture in my house every 6 months or so. More than once I got a couch stuck in a door way, and once I got myself stuck in the attic and had to have DD call OS to come and get me out (that one was a little hard to explain – it didn’t help that OS was laughing so hard he couldn’t hear me). Hubby doesn’t care for change so my little habit drives him nuts. He never knows what room is going to be what when he gets home from work (only the kitchen is safe), but, he’s resigned himself to this little fact and is learning to live with it – under one condition…I’m not allowed to move anything without help – and I can’t use DD or YS. Someone who has the ability to say “it won’t fit through that doorway” and mean it. Not move heavy furniture? Only supervise? I can live with that!

1 comment:

HollyB said...

Oh, we now have a NEW designation among the Sistahs! You just beacme the Clever Bi+ch!
That's Scathingly Brilliant, Lovi. I only wish I had thought of it first.