Thursday, December 28, 2006

What a Year!

This year has gone by so fast! It seems the older I get – the faster it flies by! I blame it on Flo. She keeps having all these birthdays – and drags me along with her.
This year has seen a lot of changes. Some good, some bad, some happy, some sad. Oh lookie!!I rhymed!
My OS and FDIL moved into their own place this year and have been setting up housekeeping to their likes. They recently added to their little family – they got a puppy!
MS joined the Marines, graduated from boot camp and is in training now.
This was a year of firsts for DD. She attended her first prom, got her driver’s permit (finally), and started her first job. Her last year of high school has started – and we’ve been busy picking out Senior pictures, ordering cap and gown, etc, etc.
SD graduated high school also and is attending college here in KC.
YS kept me busy this spring and fall with baseball and football. (Is lawn-chair butt permanent?)
Hubby has had some hard losses this year with the passing of his best friend and then another close friend. Both were sudden and difficult to deal with. He also learned his boss has cancer, so poor hubby has been looking at his life and making some good choices. He’s cut back on his work load and spends more time at home. (Not that that’s always a good thing!!) He’s been able to do some things that he’s always put off thinking there’s time to do, so some positive things have come about.Been a busy year for nephews! I had two nephews get married this year. One has moved to Canada to attend school there. The other lives with wife and baby down the hi-way a wee-bit. Another nephew graduated high school and is attending college here in the home state.
And me you ask? Well, I started what was to be a simple, quick remodel job in my house. So what if it took 11 months and a few more dollars to complete? It’s done and looks great. I’ve joined two volunteer organizations this year. Both help our soldiers overseas. I have had a wonderful time with these two groups and find it so fulfilling and it keeps me busy and off the streets as they say! I had surgery on my foot early this summer and that has been and still is quite troublesome. I did manage to find shoes that I could wear before the snow storm hit so I’m grateful. I was beginning to think I’d have to wear my flip flops year-round!
I also took some nice little mini-vacations this year. My family went camping over Memorial weekend. We left a few days early to have extra time at the lake and just really enjoyed ourselves. We also took a canoe troop over hubby’s birthday. We went with OS, FDIL, and her parents and it was a blast! Gonna make it an annual thing now! I also went to San Diego with OS to see MS graduate from boot camp. We went a day early so we could go to Sea World and see Shamu! Awesome trip!
Our extended families have had some major health issues this year, but we’re so grateful that everyone is still here with us and we were able to celebrate the holidays together.

It was a wild and crazy year – and I’m looking forward to next year!

May you all enjoy the happiest and safest New Year!

4 comments:

HollyB said...

I promise I'll take good care of the Floozie while she's here. I've already had my wreck for the year, so she'll be safe in that regard.
I hope the New Year bring you and your Fam nothing but Health, Happiness and Prosperity.
Love and Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Lovi! Love you.

HollyB said...

All right, "Lazy Lovi", Even Flo posted a blog y'day. She just did it on MY site! And I didn't even have to chain her to the chair to get her to do it.
What's YOUR prob? I'm checkin' every day....

Flo said...

Lookin' a little worse for the wear from all that dragging, aren't ya, Sis? :)

Happy new year!