Friday, December 15, 2006

Dinner for Two

MY DD and I decided to do some Christmas shopping last night.
We left as soon as Hubby got home, leaving him and YS to fend for themselves when it came to dinner.
Now my Hubby is not a bad cook by any means. His menus might be limited but he’s more than capable of fixing a well balanced meal for the two of them. If all else fails – he can read the back of a box and turn out one of those “helper” meals or slap together a mean PB & J. So I left giving neither one of them (nor their stomachs) a second thought.
DD and I trudged through shop after shop, store after store and managed to knock out 90% of my list. I was thinking everyone on my list will be pleased with the results and my feet were killing me – so it was time to head home for sure.
We arrived home and were lucky enough to get all of the sacks and bigger items into my spare room (to be wrapped at a later time) before hubby made it off of the couch. YS had been to bed a couple of hours already and DD headed to her room to do the same. I regaled hubby with stories of our shopping adventures and, when done, asked him about his evening with YS.
Things went well he said. They had dinner, watched some TV, and had gotten their showers taken. All in all a pretty quite night. I asked him what he fixed for dinner and he answered (oh, you’re gonna LOVE this), “frozen pizza and scrambled eggs”! I busted out laughing! It was just so M-A-L-E! I’m trying to explain this to him (still laughing) and he’s totally confused by my thinking (and laughing). He saw nothing wrong with the meal plan at all! I explained that it isn’t necessarily wrong – just different. Male. Very bachelor-like. No female (or at least one I know) would put together that particular combination of foods. He still didn’t get it! I told him to never mind – it didn’t matter. It was funny to me and provided my blog for the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What on earth are you doing out of bed already? I thought I was the only one silly enough to get on-line at this hour. I wondered what you two had been through when I ran into you at Wal-Mart last night. You both looked like you had been "rode hard and put away wet." Happy to hear you got 90% of your shopping done in one night. So. . .what'd ya' get me?

HollyB said...

And more importantly, what'd ya get ME? huh, huh?
Did that Floozie tell you what She got in the mail this week?
Have the Merriest of Christmases and a Bright and Wonderful New Year!

Lovi said...

HAven't talked to her in a while but I'm sure it's wonderful!