Monday, December 4, 2006

Who's Laughing?

It’s done. Completed. Finito. My 8 week remodeling project is finished. Ok, so what if it took 11 months to complete - the point is that it’s totally done as of 11:30 Friday night.
I have been remodeling 2 rooms (and a hallway) in my house. I have had all of the major work done and the rooms have been functional for several weeks now, it’s just been the odds and ends, those final details, which I have been slowly working on.
The last thing that needed to be done was to assemble the entertainment center. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now but a few pieces were broken and I was waiting for the replacement parts to arrive to fully assemble it. Well, the last part arrived Friday. I had until noon on Saturday to call and report any damage or other missing parts. Not a problem I thought.
As you know from my earlier post, hubby was out pushing snow. Delightful daughter (DD) was working hard making sure that all Friday night pizza lovers had the best dining experience possible, so that left me and little britches, the youngest son (YS), to hold down the fort. And put together the entertainment center. Yeah, like that was gonna happen. I suck at those kind of things. Since hubby was gonna be gone all night, I decided to call in back up.
My oldest son (OS) was kind enough to spend his Friday night here along with FDIL (future daughter in law). FDIL and I supervised OS putting together this center – after he’s put in a day at work and after his car breaks down on the hi-way and had to be towed. I’m so lucky, I have such nice kiddies and I really enjoyed the evening. YS was busy playing games on OS’s phone and ordering gawd-knows-what from T-Zones, I got to visit with FDIL and DD made it home well before they left so she had time to visit also. As always, when she gets off of work, she loves to share her stories of the day so she entertained us with her tales. I found myself stopping a few times and just watching my kiddies, just enjoying them being here, talking, laughing, teasing. Just us. It doesn’t happen very often so when it does I try to remember to stop and just live the moment, just enjoy being. I truly treasure these times. Course, I figure I better enjoy them since they are all the time threatening to throw my old wrinkly butt in a home when the time comes and I’m gonna need something to remind me that they are good kiddies. The last laugh’s on them though. In 6th grade, the Ouija Board (remember them?) told me I’m gonna live till I’m 86. I’m supposed to go into the “home” at 84….so they have 40 MORE years of me left!

2 comments:

Flo said...

So, if the remodeling is done, Christmas Eve is at your house, correct?

Glad to hear it's FINALLY done!

HollyB said...

What time should I arrive on Christmas Eve?