Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MO...what?!?...and other ramblings...

What DID he do to his hair?!?! Was that a mohawk??? Of course I'm talking about the talentless Sanjaya on AI. What a waste of time to watch this idiot. Surely by now the teenie weenies have had enough? I don't think I can stand much more.


Well...DH too YS target practicing over the weekend. As per all rules pertainign to this particular family - it didn't go as planned. No big surgprise here.

The big daddy gun that GP bought was just a tad to big for YS. He shot it once - hit the turkey target dead on, sat down and cried. Not because he would've killed the turkey but the kick of the shotgun spooked him. Then he got embarrassed and cried more....then he felt like he let his dad and GP down and cried even more. It's rough comin' into manhood I guess.
I gotta give DH credit though - and I don't do that very often I suppose. He handled that situation straight on and made it all come out good. I even admitted to him that he did a good job. :)

Tonight DH went and bought YS a 410 (a smaller shotgun for us dummies). They're going practicing tomorrow and if all goes well they turkey hunt this weekend. It's all up to YS. Ball is in his court with no pressure. He's excited though! He looked it over and he's ready to rock!

Dh said that if they make it they make it and if they don't - he'll have a blast this summer practicing for deer season.

Guess I better learn to bump bellies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a 410 will be much better. It shouldn't "spook" YS. The gun from GP was a pump action? Maybe they had YS put too much pressure under it for his first time out. Glad DH took it in stride and handled YS fears well. My OD has had 2 interviews so far this week and expects to hear from 2 more. Keep your fingers crossed she finds work REALLY SOON!

Flo said...

How do I vote for this Sanjahoo dude? Just to keep hearing you rant about him. 'Cept I'm thinking cutting off some pretty locks is going to cost him some adorers. I'm betting the other contestants ambushed him and cut it themselves.

You're not supposed to bump bellies. You're supposed to fawn all over the menfolk at what a wonderful job they did at providing meat for the family. Then meekly get your behind in the kitchen and cook it up.

Excuse me while I go barf. Must've been some bad turkey.