Friday, August 10, 2007

Age is just a number, right?

Ok yeah, so I’ve taken a small break here. I mean, I’ve got this J-O-B now and frankly, it was kickin’ my *ss. Going from being a homebody to a fulltime employee (for someone else mind you) , wife and mother was/is a change. Some adjustments had/have to be made.
I’m settling into a routine here finally. Even after the allegedly broken foot fiasco, family holidays, and an extremely disappointing Puddle Jumpers Day.
Anywho, I’m driving home from work yesterday thinking I’ve got this “bring home the bacon and fry up in a pan” thing licked. Hell, it IS possible to teach an old dog a new trick or two. I can still do the same things as before – it’s just a matter of organizting my time right? I’m at peace here.
My windshield time is broken up by the vibration of my phone. I’m still trying to get used to that. I jump every time the d*mn thing goes off. Mz. G (and some of you know who I’m referring to) thinks I have gas or something the way I move around at my desk.
I digress.
I’m on my way home when the phone rings and it’s MYS calling. He’s laughing so hard I can’t understand him. He laughter wanes slightly enough for me to get this jist of what’s he’s trying to say. It seems that I received a letter in the mail from the SCOOTER store., letting me know what my options are.
My first thought was “who the h*ll taught this kid to use a phone?” immediately followed by “this kid watches waaaay to much TV if he knows what a scooter is for” and finally, “the little sh*t:”. I can picture his dad standing next to him, the both of them sharing this private “we got your mom” wink, wink moment.
I tell MYS he’s grounded and hang up (jk). I mentally see the two men of the house, doing the “we are so good” strut while grabbing themselves and topping it off with the armpit farts.
Yes, it’s the simple things in life that please my men.
As for me, I smiled and thought to myself that what the little stinker is something I would have done. Oh yeah. That had me written all over it.
Age is just a number but memoreis are forever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you posted!
Laughing just because I can picture the call. How funny! He's full of it, alright, but with the family he comes from who can blame him. I mean Uncle Blah Blah and Aunt Flo would do something like that as well.
Have a great weekend and I'll make a trip and hope to see you soon, or at least a 3 way phone call.

Anonymous said...

So, you gonna' get one? :) At least it wasn't from the AARP. . yet.
Thrilled you posted again, as I live vicariously through your bunch. Plus, you KNOW how to write so we can all share your memories. This way, we can remind you of your life's events when it suits our evil purposes.

Flo said...

So now that you have that "bring home the bacon and fry up in a pan thing licked," we can expect daily posts again, correct?

And evidently you at least LOOK older than me, cuz I haven't gotten anything from the scooter store.

:P

g bro said...

One night I was flipping channels and started watching Woodstock - The Who, Sly and the Family Stone, Hendrix, you name it. They went to a commercial and they said "this presentation of Woodstock is brought to you by AARP."

Lovi said...

You all are just being naughty making fun of me like this.....
:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am, and you know you love it! ;)