Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Quest

...is over.
For the past month DH and I have been out pounding the pavement in search of a new(er) car for DD. Every spare moment we had- and even some that wasn't spared - we spent searching. My birthday and our anniversary consisted of shopping for cars.
And now it's over. Finally. DD is mobile again. No more late nights picking her up from her job, no more running out of milk 5 minutes before dinner, having to stop, turn everything off and going to the store. No more racing to daycare to pick up the man-child before they charge me $15 for every 5 minutes I'm late.
Needless to say DD is a very happy young woman. She's learning new things like "full coverage" and "you will not be a taxi", etc but she's ok with that. She is mobile and that's all that matters.
We're happy with the buy and won't worry about what she's driving when she moves out.
So, I told DH, "now that we are done looking and have all this "free time" now and DD has a car - we can go to U-WRENCH-IT to find the parts to fix my old, broken down, high-mileaged van" .
He sooooo did not get the hint.

3 comments:

Flo said...

How long did you say you've been married--and you haven't figured out hinting doesn't work?

Anonymous said...

I demand a new blog, please.

After meeting you I have to say you are so damn funny I laughed all the way back to Flo's and then some.

When I come back to visit I would love for you to sashay your pretty little butt over here and get the 'Rita Flo owes you. If you can be that funny sober, I just can't wait to get a drink in you.

Hope you had a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm begging of thee, a new blog. please. See, I said please.
You know, just a little something so I know you're still with us. I mean you did have that awful sinus attack and who knows whats happened since then. I'm very concerned.