Monday, May 7, 2007

Turkey's: 3, Rambo, Jr.: 0

Well, spring turkey season is over and there isn't one turkey in my freezer. Now I've heard all the excuses before A) there weren't any turkey's to be seen, B) the weather wasn't right for hunting and C) the animal was just out of range. I could go but I'll stop with these. The thing is now YS is learning them!
Seriously though, I'm disappointed for YS, for it would have been "the bomb" for him to shoot a turkey his first season out. It's taught him a lesson none the less, and that is that it takes patience. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. "Just one of those seasons" is what this season will be chalked up to and that ain't all bad really. When you learn something, frustrating or not, it's not a waste of time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life's lessons are full of downfalls that can turn into wonderful blessings in other ways

He seems like a sweetie. Good job, Mom

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.