Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Birthday Presents

This has been a busy week. Well, busy for me anyway. Not that I’ve done anything important. Or anything at all really. In fact, I can’t think of anything I’ve done. So, I guess I’ve been busy doing nothing. Geez, no wonder I’m so tired!
Friday is YS’s birthday. He’ll be 19. No wait, he THINKS he’ll be 19. Reality says 9. So, being the good mommie that I am, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. A new toothbrush? A jar of pickles? He looks at me like a had just grown 3 heads. I can’t figure out why. He likes when he gets a new toothbrush. Every year at Christmas time whether I remember or not he gets one. (just kidding). He loves pickles so I’m thinking those are good choices, but YS begs to differ. So he asks what the limit is. I tell him a dollar. And not just ANY dollar but an AMERICAN dollar! Can’t beat that! Good ole’ US of A currency. Again the 3-headed look comes my way.
With shoulders drooping and head bowed it finally dawns on him on that I’m joking, so he perks up and says, “I saw something I’d like to have for my birthday… and before you say no…. you can afford it in 2 EASY payments of $19.95.”
I’m laughing so hard I’m actually snorting as I tell him he can’t watch any more TV – or at least the commercials!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's just so cute! I can picture the entire scene in my head.

By the way, just what was this that required 2 easy payments of $19.95? I just have to know. He can come up with em so I'm curious.

Thanks for blogging, I just love ya girl.

Flo said...

Yeah, we were laughing so hard when you told me this, I never found out what it was he wanted, either!

Lovi said...

It is a remote control helicopter. DH and YS both said it looked pretty cool but that the battery life is onlly about 5-10 minutes and then has to be charged for 4 hours. YS decided that that wasn't so good unless we wanted to make MORE easy payments for all the extra batteries!