Thursday, August 30, 2007

College Prep

I just have to brag on DD! She took her placement test for the community college that she will be attending at the first of the year. Because of her LD issues she had to schedule the appointment so that they could provide the help that she needed.
Well....she did awesome!!!!!!!!
In fact they told her she blew the Reading section right out of the water! She did so well that she won't be required to take ANY reading courses! For those of you who know the difficulties that we've had through the years, this was unbelieveable news. She did so good that they asked her if she wanted to become a paid tutor!
Even her math score - which is also a very difficult subject for her was respectable. In fact all of her scores were! When she called me at work when it over to tell me, I was so excited you'd have thought the Chiefs had just scored a touch down!
All of these years of meetings with the teacher, making phone calls to the state education board, fighting to get her the help that she needed have paid off. The school district might have considered me the "mom from hell" but right now I'll wear that title proudly!

4 comments:

Flo said...

Way to go DD!!

So what classes is she going to take?

Anonymous said...

So cool!

Mom from hell? Yes, I used to wear that title proudly as well. It works, right?

Tell her I said good luck and I'm glad for her

Lovi said...

I'm not sure what her classes are yet. We have to meet with the Director of the ABLE program for that.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME DD!!!!!!