Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Bowl Ads




I love Maxine!


However, I for one was disappointed in the commercials for the Super Bowl. I mean, that’s the whole reason for watching the game really. Oh sure, there were a few commercials that made us chuckle. Blockbuster, with their version of high tech pc knowledge was pretty cute, as well as, the Bud Light’s rock, paper, scissors ad.
All in all though, there wasn’t any one ad that really stuck out - the one that everybody has to talk about around the water coolers - kind of funny. It was all just to “bland". Bummer. I can't help but think about the 2.3 million dollars (for a 30 sec spot) that was spent. Man...what I could've done with that money......
One final note – congrats goes to the “amateur” commercial maker who made the Doritos commercial. Good Job! It was as good, and in some cases better, than the guys who were paid the big bucks!
Till next year guess!




5 comments:

HollyB said...

Lovi, I gotta disagree!
I was ROFLMAOwmp [wettin' my pants] at the Careerbuilder.com ads. They were great! Having the officeset in a jungle was BRILLIANT! Making a performance review into a torture seesion...inspired! Whoever thought that one up should get an award and a raise!
The Chevy ads where all the guys are goin' goo-goo over the HHT at a stop light was pretty cute,not great,but cute and amusing. It was thought up by a Freshman Marketing Major at Wisconsin, I think. She was featured on the Today show.
Anyway, that was my take on the ads.

HollyB said...

Oh, and the Coke ads. But they are so routinely good, it almost [as I almost did] goes w/o saying that they are included on any list of exceptional commercials.
I'm just glad they are advertising during the Super Bowl agin. They didn't for more than a Decade. And I can't stand the Papsi {intentional mis-spelling}ads.

Flo said...

Eh, I dunno. I kind of think the most excitement occurred with the opening kick. All the commentators had just predicted the Colts to win by a large margin, and Chicago returns the first kick for a touchdown right off the bat. And I got another comment for that, but you'll have to tune in to my blog if I ever get a chance to write it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Biologist that I (we) am/are, I liked the Bud crab cult commercial. The pseudo-dalmatian was good, but I'm a sucker for dogs of mistaken nature. The GM robot was pretty good as well.

The Doritos check-out chick was inspired...the kind of gal I always wanted to meet :D

The Careerbuilder group looked way too much like the folks I work with, though...except we have much better improvised weapons.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Lovi said...

I was a coke (cola) person for years - hubby converted me about 2 years ago

The crab commercial was hubby's favorite too rabbit. Course he was sitting in the chair tippin' a few of em his self!

Hmmmmdoes this mean Hubby is a bad influence?