Monday, April 23, 2007

Prom Weekend


Man what can say about Prom weekend but…..what a ride it was!!!

It started out when I got off work on Friday with a frantic phone call from my DD. She had just been rear-ended and her car was totaled. She said she was ok and the rest was just heavy drying. While rushing home I called my husband and got some details. OS and FDIL happened to be passing through minutes after the accident so he was able to calm her down and take care of things. When I got home, DD was on the floor and having a hard time getting up because her back hurt, so we loaded her up and off we went to the ER. She sprained her back, so The Big Guy upstairs got an actual real live prayer of thanks from me and not one of those “I’ll go to church if you just do this one thing for me” prayers! It could have been so much worse.
Doc told her she could go to prom if she felt like it just to take it easy, so that’s exactly what she did. She went to the hairdressers early in the morning (with pillow in hand to help support her back) and lo and behold! Guess what we found out?!?!? It was the hairdressers son that had hit her! Boy if that didn’t make for a few awkward moments! But it all worked out ok and DD looked beautiful. Soon afterwards we had girls showing up (and one guy who needed his hair straightened….we won’t talk about that) and the festivities began. YS went to a friend’s house to spend the night so dad took him there while my friend and I ran out to where the prom was being held to take pictures and just plain be nosy! Man! Was that place gorgeous! My friend and I promptly decided that this was THE place for OS and FDIL to be married!
We hurried back and with FDIL’s help we got Amber into her dress. What a sight she was! Just absolutely beautiful if I don’t say so myself!
Then came pictures – lots and lots of pictures. Then the limo came which meant more pictures and finally it was time to leave. Off they went – the lot of them to dinner. We fired up the grill and OS, FDIL, DH and myself had just sat down to a KC Strip steak dinner (why not treat ourselves I say?!?) when the cell phone rang. The restaurant had lost their reservation and wouldn’t be seating them for another 30 minutes. I called the restaurant and asked for the manager and was told that they were busy and could I please call back later? Oooooh I don’t think so I said, and she quickly got the manager. I explained very nicely how the reservation had been made 3 weeks ago, their establishment lost the reservation, that the kids were on a schedule and I was SURE she was going to do everything in her power to accommodate these kids. Amber called back a few minutes later – they had just been seated and thanks mom!
SO, the four of us finished our meal and then turned our formal living room into a movie theatre and our kitchen into a concession stand. It was the cutest thing! The kids all loved it and appreciated the work and detail that we put into it. All the girls crashed here so we were literally wall to wall girls!
Sunday brought back the real world of laundry, cleaning the house and all the usual daily grind kind of things!
Life is back to normal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she's ok and had a wonderful prom. Makes you proud doesn't it.

She's one pretty girl you've got there.

Anonymous said...

You ARE going to e-mail us a powerpoint presentation of all the pictures. . .right? :) I still have last year's saved.

Flo said...

Beautiful.