Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Weekend Workings

What a weekend! I need a few more days to recoup, I’m thinkin’.
Friday was YS’s birthday. He loved it. Got some great gifts. We got him a new target to practice with his bow. Damn good shot that kid is! We also got him a new video game to use this fall during the ”downtime” of hunting. OS got him a guinea pig. Cutest little thing really. I spent a great deal of time Saturday researching them since I had no clue how to take care of one. Now William (the pig) is adjusting to his new home and we’re adjusting to him.
Saturday (before I started researching) I began the long, hard task of cleaning out the bedroom next in line to be painted. This room had been a storage room of sorts for about 2 years. It’s right off the kitchen and had gathered EVERYTHING. I made a pretty good dent in the mess and had reached the back corner. Had a bunch a pictures and mirrors and sorts leaned up against the wall. Well, not being stupid (giggle), I did take my time moving each picture. Lord only know what I could’ve found lurking in the dark corner. I moved a mirror and then a picture when I saw it. The spider. Not just any spider either, but a BROWN RECLUSE spider. So I jumped, squealed and grabbed a box to kill it with. Yeah. A box. A cardboard box. I smashed it (or attempt too anyway) and it sunk down into the carpet and crawled out laughing at me. I yelled at DD to bring me something as I looked around and found this package of cassette tapes. I picked it up and smashed the thing and turned around. There stands DD with The Swiffer. I’m like, “are you gonna dust it?” Anyway, it was dead and my job was done for the day. DH had to spray the whole property down before I’d go back in there, and after wiping out wally world, the hardware store and the local feed store, so spray he did. He sprayed the property so well, that NOTHING could live in/on it.
Hence a good time to head to Flo’s.
Dinner at Flo’s was awesome. I just darn near made myself sick I ate so much. She made this lasagna stuff that was awesome and DD threatened anyone who went near the rolls. See we’re she was raised on brown-n-serve, so these were like candy to a baby. It was just ducky, the whole thing. Of course there were a few margarita’s! Everyone I talked said to have one for them and well they would all be pleased to know I kept my word….times three over. It was an nice, enjoyable evening all the way around.
Monday I turned into a couch lizard. I left only the couch to make the potato salad to go with the ribs that DH smoked all day. Good eats for sure. OS and FDIL came to enjoy the fruits of his labor and weren’t disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rule #1-Guinea pigs STINK! Be sure YS cleans the cage/aquarium weekly,at least. My brother had one (Minnie the Guinea)and she was good for lots of laughs. FUN!!
Rule #2-Bug spray won't kill brown recluse spiders unless you spray it directly on them. Be Careful! I killed one under my ironing board this morning.
Rule #3-You aren't allowed to enjoy delish lasagne things unless you provide the recipe. I'll be waiting.

Anonymous said...

Flo is such a good cook and hostess.

Thanks for drinking that 'Rita for me. I slept well that night. LOL

Guinea pig? Bet that's fun, but ya, they stink.

I could see you in my head killing that spider. Yes, it's funny now that it's dead.

Glad you enjoyed a nice weekend. You work so hard you deserved a long enjoyable weekend. Back to the J-O-B now.

Flo said...

Oh good grief. You didn't post this until Wednesday and you're still bitching about needing time to recoup?

Ya wuss. I done been to three doctors, been biopsied, been sucked--I mean stuck--for blood, and I'm STILL ovulating and NOT peri-menopausal.

All that after the tiresome job of cooking and drinking. :pppppppp

Anonymous said...

Ya think this weekend we could have a new post?
I love to bug the crap out of ya!;)